Support, Inspiration, and Events
Becoming an author can be a solitary journey but doesn’t have to be! Join us for community and ongoing education as we travel the author adventure together.
Grammar and Usage Advice
Geeky resources for word lovers:
Dictionary of Choice
Our choice for editing – and Scrabble!
- Our favorite scheduling app: Acuity Scheduling
- The app that makes the pretty graphics on our site: Canva
- Schedule social media posts (and it integrates with Canva): CinchShare
- CRM to track customer relationships: Streak (it integrates seamlessly with Gmail)
- Branded swag such as high-quality bags and t-shirts: Printful
- Favorite writer’s gadget: Rocketbook reusable notebook
Social Justice Resources
- Goodreads Reviewer’s Group: post requests for reviews here for print, ebooks, and audiobooks
- Facebook Groups – many FB groups are looking for ebooks and audiobooks. Most want free or low-cost books in exchange for reviews. Post in Kindle free book groups when you do Kindle Free days. In Facebook, search for:
- Audiobook review
- Kindle books
- Book reviews
- Book promotion
- Also search for groups that attract your ideal readers. (Make sure that promotion is ok in those groups.)
- Social Media Marketing
- Cinchshare to schedule your social media posts and post on multiple platforms at once
- Karen Albert’s Unleash Your Inner Author Social Media Marketing Academy. Highly recommended!
- Create an Author presence on Bookbub
- Create an Author and reader presence on Goodreads (See Amy’s listing here)
- Hire a Virtual Assistant to help with social media messaging and consistency. VBs Virtual
- Podcast interviewers need guests like you! These sites match podcasters and guests:
Tips for getting PR/media attention
- Before you approach publications or media outlets, be specific about defining what types of shows or media you want to be featured on.
- Know their content and what they’re looking for and explain how you can add massive value to their audience.
- Do your homework, understand what is a good fit for them and make sure it fits with your values and goals.
Audioboook Marketing Resources
- How to use Giveaway Codes
- 5 Ways To Market Your Audiobook (see the Get Reviews section especially – send giveaway codes to reviewers
- Post in Facebook audiobook review groups when you have giveaway codes for free audiobooks. Also search for groups that attract your ideal readers. (Make sure that promotion is ok in those groups.)
- 3 Ways To Promote Your Audiobook
Legal and Financial Resources
- Copyright Clearance for Creatives
- Legacy Lock’s Complete Estate Planning Package Code: Legacy795
set up a consultation with expert Michele Boyer
Do you ever start writing, thinking you know exactly what you want to say – and then go off on a tangent and end up in the weeds?
I do. That’s when I remember to get out one of my favorite tools – the Writing Purpose Worksheet. It helps me map out my points and make sure that I’m actually making the impact that I want to.
Use this handy tool when you’re planning a blog post, an article, a chapter, or an entire book. I’ve even used it to develop speeches and presentations.
Please let me know how you’re using it!
Enter your email below to download your free Writing Purpose Worksheet and ongoing author resources.
Learn more about working with us to get your book ready for publication and you ready to become an author.
(Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you make a purchase from these links, we may receive a small commission.)