Welcome! I’m excited to be working with you. During the time that we work together, my goal is to support your growth and help you achieve the goals you set as you become an author. I find these agreements help us understand how to work together and communicate authentically so you get the maximum value from our work together. (These agreements cover book consulting and coaching; you can add extra coaching sessions and publishing services such as editing and design later.) After that, the publishing process starts (and is a separate cost and time commitment).
~Amy Collette, Book Coach
As a participant in the Unleash Your Inner Author Coaching or Group Course program, you:
- Commit to the writing and study goals that you set, which may involve several hours (5-10) per week.
- Commit to being a listener and participant in the program. Other authors’ problems and epiphanies may be equally relevant for you.
- Understand that some of the discussions and/or exercises may be uncomfortable, and be willing to explore that.
- Commit to show up with curiosity and an open mind to sessions.
- Understand that your writing and other work are your responsibility alone, and commit to undertaking them to the best of your ability.
- Commit 100% to keeping the confidentiality of others.
This Agreement becomes effective as soon as payment is made for a coaching program or group course and will continue for 12 sessions, to be completed within six months of the beginning date. This Agreement may be terminated, extended or appended on agreement of both parties. The Coaching Program in which you are about to enroll in will include the following:
- Twelve phone, video, or in-person workshop or coaching sessions: Each will include a discussion, a focus on the issues you have and the goals that you set, building strengths, discussing structure, organization and flow, etc. These sessions may also include instruction on various aspects of writing, editing, and publishing. There may also be exercises, visualizations, practices, etc., to support your development as an Author.
- Your Coach will provide recordings, handouts, exercises, articles, or resources to support your work.
- Your Coach will provide a written summary of each session (private coaching only)
- Video or audio recordings of sessions may also be made available.
- You may be invited to attend other events such as online communities, webinars, mastermind groups, author gatherings, workshops, book launches, etc.
Each session will last 60-90 minutes via video, conference call, phone, or in person. Please be on time for each meeting.
Private coaching only: If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance so we can reschedule; otherwise, you may forfeit that appointment. If your Coach must reschedule within 48 hours of your appointment, you will receive one free coaching session in addition to the rescheduled session.
This agreement expires if all sessions have not been scheduled and completed within six months after the start date specified above.
The initial tuition payment must be made in advance of the first coaching or course session, and may be made by credit card, check or cash. Payment constitutes legal consent to abide by this agreement.
Our money-back guarantee: If you have fully participated in the coaching sessions and homework assignments and find it is not a fit for you after two sessions, your remaining tuition is refundable upon written request.